|June 13, 2013 - June 26, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Join the Resolution Counseling Team! LifeWorks Resolution Counseling is dedicated to creating a safe community by ending domestic violence and advocating for relationships based on equality and respect. Resolution Counseling offers psycho-educational groups for adults (male and female) who have been abusive towards their partners. Group goals include taking responsibility for violent and abusive behavior, understanding the dynamics of power and control, learning adaptive communication and conflict resolution skills, and managing emotions in non-aggressive ways.|
Excellent opportunity to gain and/or grow experience working with underserved populations and experience with group work. Receive support for on-going training and career development!
If you can manage groups and records in an effective and efficient manner; are a team player who can increase communication and efficiency in the program; and can create a therapeutic alliance with resistant clients in the criminal justice system... this may be the opportunity for you!
Schedule: 40 hours a week including 2 evenings per week and every Saturday.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:|
• Provides individual, couples, group and/or family counseling.
• Provides crisis intervention with clients based on individual program needs.
• Administers client services providing: intake, assessment, treatment planning, record keeping and documentation, case management, evaluation and follow-up, and by contacting necessary collaterals. Provides appropriate referrals; keeps apprised of available community resources.
• Monitors program participants and maintains documentation of all services in accordance with agency and funding requirements.
• Provides community outreach as required by individual program.
• Follows licensure requirements as determined by program, agency, and/or grants.
• Requires a Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field;
• Requires 6+ months direct clinical experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Requires a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field and advanced licensure;
• Requires 2+ years post-graduate direct clinical experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
40 hours of documented domestic violence training within the last two years. One or more of the following: LCSW, LPC or LMFT; or have the equivalent experience necessary. Certification to provide clinical supervision preferred.
1+ years experience with a BIPP program; Bilingual Spanish/English or ASL.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.